Marionette Wrinkles Treatment
Marionette lines are also known as puppet lines. You know, those annoying lines just under your lip corners that are spreading down towards the chin area. At My Esthetic, we can help you out remove marionette wrinkles in one short session.
We are focusing to provide the right and all information you need before the treatment. If you have a need to remove your marionette wrinkles, we are strongly suggesting you contact us for a free consultation. The best possible treatment for marionette wrinkles nowadays is treatment with dermal fillers that we, of course, use for our treatments as well.
What are marionette or mentolabial wrinkles?
Marionette or mentolabial wrinkles are fine lines that go from the outside of the mouth down to the jawline on both sides of your chin. They are named marionette because marionette has split jaw and these lines are in the same area.
Causes of marionette lines
Over the course of many years, gravity causes the face to stretch and all of the skin collects at the chin forming lines. Degradation of soft tissue, fat and collagen that happens as we age also has an impact. Tanning and smoking can also affect the negative.
How to get rid of marionette wrinkles?
You can get surgery for permanent results but there are also temporary options like injections, laser and dermal fillers. You can also try serums that contain vitamin C, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid and vitamin B3. The serum can help with the appearance of lines.
Marionette wrinkles treatment
- Surgery is the only permanent option. It is usually recommended once other wrinkle methods have failed. For marionette lines only, a surgery that is recommended is a mini facelift.
- The laser works by removing the top layers of your skin. The results are long-lasting but not permanent and it may cause scarring.
- Botox injections relax the facial muscles underneath the injection site. Skin becomes smoother with a reduced appearance in wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid injections that mimic the effect of collagen and help smooth lines and wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid dermal filler against marionette lines
Dermal fillers are temporary injections that can help treat marionette lines. They plump your skin with hyaluronic acid and give you smooth fine lines. Hyaluronic acid fillers give immediate results, but the full effect is visible after 1-2 weeks. Usually, two types of fillers are used: Juvederm and Restylane. Using a fine needle, the doctor will inject filler into the marionette lines filling the missing volume.
How long does the effect last?
Effects should last up to a year or more, depending on the type of fillers that is used.
Most common side effects are bruising and swelling of the treated area. The most serious and rarest complication is getting some filler into a blood vessel which can block the blood vessel and even resulting in blindness.
Preventing marionette lines
- Good skincare can prevent marionette lines. Use skincare products like anti-ageing creams, masks and serums that contain vitamin C, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid.
- Sleeping also can have an impact. Try sleeping on your back as much as possible to avoid creases on your face.
- UV exposure contributes to a structural breakdown of the skin, which can result in the formation of marionette wrinkles. Make sure to wear face creams with SPF 30 or more and avoid the sun at peak UV hours.
- Eating antioxidant-rich foods like berries, leafy greens, nuts, sweet potatoes and carrots can help your skin be more resistant to wrinkles.
What is the best treatment for marionette lines?
When it comes to choosing the right treatment option, first you should identify exactly what your goals are. If you are looking for a safe, quick procedure that has immediate results, check hyaluronic acid fillers. And, if you are not satisfied with the results, you can get hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid fillers.
How do I prepare myself for marionette lines treatment?
- One week prior to treatment you should avoid blood-thinning medications and foods such as aspirin and ibuprofen, fish oil and Vitamin E. They can worsen the bruising.
- Two days prior to treatment you should avoid anti-ageing products, bleaching, waxing, tweezing or using hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- 24 hours prior to treatment you should avoid alcoholic beverages.
What would be the aftercare of the skin after the treatment?
Following the treatment, some slight swelling, redness and bruises will appear but they will fade after 2-3 days. Avoid sun exposure, solariums and saunas for one week after your treatment. You can take Arnica for bruising if your doctor approves. Avoid makeup on a treated area 24 hours after treatment.
Do you have a question?
If you have some questions, feel free to send us a message
Treatment options You can choose the type of treatment you want to get depending on what you’re looking for. There…
If a well-formed chin is what you are looking for, let’s see when does a jawline correction makes sense and…